Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Right-wing air guitar!




As many of you know, I like to write really, really, really bad lyrics. It's a fine hobby, I think, but it troubles me whenever I'm outdone. And I'm sure you'll all agree that "The Right Brothers" have outdone me with their gem, "Bush Was Right". It's a thing of beauty, made all the more impressive because they actually mean it. So thank you, Right Brothers, for showing this apprentice awful lyricist how it's done. You've taught me more than you'll ever know...

(Parenthetically, it seems like there are a few right-leaning people out there who quite fond of this song. They shouldn't be. It's a terrible song. If it had the same melody and beat, but was called "Bush Was Wrong", it would still be a terrible song and I would have no trouble saying so. It's sad that there are people who are so caught up in their ideology that they wax enthusiastic about every half-assed attempt to pander to their worldview...)