Friday, March 31, 2006

Coming to you from a remote outpost on the farthest fringes of civilization...

Otherwise known as St. Paul, Minnesota, where I'll be spending the weekend babysitting two vile and ill-behaved drool machines (as well as a passel of non-personal-space-respecting Siamese cats). This may mean less posting than usual, as internet service is spotty out this way and most of my time will likely be spent guarding my ancestral hut from roving bands of nomadic cannibals. It's hard and violent work, but don't worry about me. I grew up in this godforsaken land, and I speak fluent St. Paullish. I should be fine if I just keep my wits about me and my trusty longbow within arm's reach. It's important not to let the natives around here smell the Minneapolis on you. That'll only agitate them and before long they'll be barking at you in their impenetrable East Metro dialects about how you have to wait "soooooo loooooong" to get services in restaurants over there and how they heard on the radio that it's getting so dangerous that you can't barely go outside. I want to avoid that sort of conversation. Blending in is necessary to keep these people from bashing you over the head with their clubs...