Saturday, March 11, 2006

Whatever Leslie wants, Leslie gets...

Leslie has asked me to answer some questions. I will do my best. However, since I don't watch much TV, I changed that one. Please forgive me.

FOUR JOBS I HAVE HAD IN MY LIFE:
1) Bookstore janitor----paid in books
2) Happy, frolicking koala-bear costume-wearer----not paid at all
3) College cafeteria french-fry preparer----barely paid
4) Manuscript editor----paid with a trip to Europe

FOUR MOVIES I COULD (AND I DO) WATCH OVER AND OVER:
1) The Big Lebowski
2) Amelie
3) Mulholland Falls
4) Anchorman (yes, I am that lowbrow)

FOUR CDs I LOVE TO LISTEN TO:
1) Jacques Brel, Infiniment: Because I’m a Belgian at heart
2) John Coltrane, A Love Supreme: Because it’s beautiful
3) Morelenbaum/Sakamoto, Casa: Because it’s Jobim tunes done sexy chamber-jazz style
4) Sarah Vaughan, Sassy Swings the Tivoli: Because her voice can make me cry

FOUR PLACES I HAVE BEEN ON VACATION:
1) Miami, Florida
2) Berlin, Germany
3) Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4) Madrid, Spain

FOUR WEBSITES I VISIT DAILY:
1) Minvolved.com: Because Mr. Sponge knows what he’s talking about
2) Pitchfork Media: Because my friend Greg writes for them.
3) indeed.com: Because I’m always looking for new jobs
4) James Wolcott: Because he's hilarious

FOUR OF MY FAVORITE FOODS:
1) Greasy, meat-draped pizza mercifully bereft of fancy “gourmet” toppings. Sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts my lowbrow ass.
2) A good chicken teriaki (This is hard to find in Minneapolis, by the way. If you know of a place that has it, please let me know.)
3) Chorizo con heuvos. Fifteen minutes of breakfast bliss and three days of intestinal horror.
4) Chicken Vindaloo from Taste of India on Lake Street

FOUR PLACES I WOULD RATHER BE RIGHT NOW:
1) Nice, France
2) Ibiza, Spain
3) Reykjavik, Iceland
4) The Electric Fetus, Minneapolis