Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Liberals With Websites

Tonight I went out to the 331 Club to find out what all this “Drinking Liberally” business was about. I’m glad I did, because I got to meet many fine and talented bloggers of the left-liberal persuasion. The dapper Mr. Sponge was there, and it was a great pleasure to talk with him about Oklahoma’s curious history and the sham that is Minnesota nice. I also spoke with Moses, who plays a major role in both the bible and this blog. Also in attendance was this mighty Norwegian. I was happy to meet him after having read him for so long. I chatted also with Eva, who gave me a lot of helpful blogging advice. The nicely-hatted Spot, purveyor of some of the Minnesota’s sharpest writing, was there and mistook me twice for some guy named “David”. Finally, the Minnesota Observer was on hand, and–just from my few minutes interacting with her–it seemed obvious that, when our fiendish left-wing putsch is complete, she should be installed as Maximum Leader for life. Unfortunately, I was only able to speak briefly with Robin and Smarty, the Power Liberals, but they seemed like a sterling young couple. I shook hands with this Flash character, but we didn’t talk any. Regardless, I’m sure he’s an upstanding citizen and perhaps we will become better acquainted some time in the future.

There were others there as well. I regret that I didn’t get to meet them. Maybe next time...

Apparently, some “Al” fellow was supposed to make an appearance as well. He must have either been very late or completely invisible.