Friday, December 02, 2005

In which I express my gratitude so lavishly that some might suspect that I'm actually angling for a job...

Even if no one else did, at least the City Pages appreciated
my bad sex scenes. They are a fine media organ. You
should read them religiously and buy things from everyone
who advertises in them. In addition to honoring my other
site as “blog of the day” on two separate occasions, they also
publish this young lady, one of the most talented and sewer-
minded writers in the Twin Cities. What’s more, they regular-
ly antagonize local right-wingers. Granted, this is ridiculously
easy to do, but that doesn’t mean that it isn’t a respectable
pastime regardless.

So, thank you very much City Pages. You are the kindest
alternative weekly magazine in this entire rotten country.
I kiss your every issue.