Sunday, February 12, 2006

Writer's Clog

I haven’t been very creative lately. I’ve been neglecting my fiction blog and the short story I’m currently working on has been dribbling out of me at the rate of about a sentence a day. This has a lot to do with external factors: I’ve been pretty busy with my humdrum, bill-paying jobs and haven’t had sufficient time to sit down and accomplish anything. Also, it’s winter and, for some reason, my imagination is always less fertile in the cold months.

I’ve been scribbling for a long time, though, and I know this stage will pass. I just need to find the right combination of caffeine, inspiration, and leisure time. That’s all there is to it, really. A couple cappuccinos and an hour stolen from my regular routine and I’ll be back in the swing of things again, jotting down disgusting little stories like there’s no tomorrow.